At Tattoo Near Me our goal is to help you find a tattoo shop that's right for you. This information will help you in choosing a shop and inform you on some safety procedures that you and the shop you select should follow to make the most of your experience.
How To Pick A Shop
- Use our site to view pictures and info of tattoo shops. Make sure that the shop is clean and meets your standards. You can also view their location on a map and other information about the services they offer.
- Make sure they specialize in the style of tattoo you want. View the shop's artwork portfolio to see if their past work meets your expectations.
- Contact the shops that meet your standards and discuss your ideas with them. At the top of the shop profile you can click on the "Message This Shop" icon or call the shop at the number they have displayed on their profile. Make sure to tell them we sent you!
- Speak with the staff and make sure they answer all questions.
- Verify that the information on their profile is accurate.
Health and Safety
- Make sure the tattoo shop has an autoclave. An autoclave is a piece of equipment used to sanitize equipment using heat and pressure, and is the only way to effectively kill viruses and blood born pathogens. (Ask to see the equipment if necessary)
- The shop should have hazardous waste disposal for needles and other waste. The US Department of Health states all blood born pathogens and instruments must be properly disposed of.
- Each artist must maintain the cleanliness of their station and the comfort of their customers.
- All tattoo artists should be properly licensed with their license displayed in a prominent place in full view of the general public.
- All artists should be wearing gloves at all times. If your artist touches any other surface , they should put on a new pair of gloves.
After Getting Your Tattoo
- Your tattoo shop should give you a paper with aftercare instructions.
- Your artist will most likely have you keep your tattoo covered for a few hours after getting your tattoo to keep it protected. After some time the covering should be removed to let the tattoo breath.
- The tattoo should be cleaned using antibacterial soap with no fragrances or additives.
- It is important that moisturizer is applied to the tattoo to prevent it from becoming dry and scabbing. If it starts to scab DO NOT PICK AT THE SCABS, this will cause your tattoo to be uneven or possibly scar.
Good Luck, Have Fun!